Enjoy these wonderful, creative,
and simple lavender recipes.
and simple lavender recipes.
Learn.eartheasy.com via Shannon Cowan
Yield: 4 servings
When it comes to fresh fruit, less is usually more. This is almost like a blueberry soup — a simple and honest celebration of the berry. The berries are gently warmed, just to coax out the juices, and subtly complemented with aromatic lavender and creamy butter. The best part is watching the whipped cream dissolve softly into the beautiful purple berries, making marbled patterns in varying shades of blue and purple. This makes a great afternoon snack, breakfast, or dessert.
2. Add the blueberries, butter, and honey to taste to the lavender infusion. Heat over medium heat until the berries soften and release their juices, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. While the berries are cooking, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Serve the berries hot, in bowls, with generous dollops of the whipped cream.
Adapted from wisconsoncheesetalk.com
This unique and delicious breakfast treat is perfect for any time of the year.
Inside a pressed, crunchy baguette is a mix of creamy Wisconsin Brie and Cream Cheese, piled with honey, a crunch of toasted walnuts, a hint of sweet flower, and good salt and pepper.
For each sandwich: Slice cheeses to desired thickness and layer on one piece of bread. Drizzle honey over, scatter walnuts over and sprinkle with lavender, salt and cracked pepper. Butter exterior of bread slices and form sandwich.
Heat skillet, preferably cast iron, until hot; then place sandwich in skillet. Toast until underside is brown and cheese begins to melt. Flip; toast second side. Press sandwich with heavy pan or skillet, if you’d like. Drizzle finished sandwich with additional honey and walnuts, if desired.
Buttery crisps with a hint of floral and citrus notes that turns this old family recipe into something spectacular!!
Adapted from serenitylavender.com
Servings: 5 dozen cookies
Spice up your Thanksgiving with these delicious muffins!
Adapted from Lilyeats.com
Pumpkin Spice Muffins With Lavender Caramel Sauce
Makes 12 medium-muffins
Ingredients for Lavender Caramel Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 o F in order to cook muffins later. As the oven is preheating, start cooking the lavender caramel sauce.
2. Heat the heavy cream for the lavender caramel sauce in a small saucepan on low heat. When the cream starts to have little bubbles around the edges, add the lavender and sea salt and remove from heat. Cover and let sit for an hour.
3. As you let the lavender/cream/salt mixture sit for an hour, start on the pumpkin muffins.
4. Mix the first 9 ingredients for the pumpkin muffin recipe in a large bowl.
5. Mix the eggs, applesauce, and pumpkin in another bowl. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients bowl and mix until just completely moistened.
6. Grease muffin pan or place muffin cups in tin. Add batter to muffin pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, checking towards the end with a toothpick for doneness.
7. As the muffins cool, return to cooking the lavender caramel sauce recipe.
8. After the hour of letting the lavender/cream/salt mixture sit, strain the lavender buds out of the cream into a cup. Set cup aside.
9. In another large saucepan, mix the 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water and heat to medium high heat. Keep a vigilant eye as the mixture boils. Once the mixture starts turning yellow, begin swirling the saucepan on the eye until the mixture turns a distinct caramel color.
10. Once the mixture is a distinct caramel color, remove from heat and carefully add butter. Stir until the butter is melted.
11. Once butter is melted, add lavender/salt/cream mixture from the cup and stir until incorporated. The sauce should be a thick, but pourable consistency.
12. Drizzle (or pour!) lavender caramel sauce over pumpkin muffins. Store remaining caramel in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Adapted from Jardindusoleil.com
-3 black tea bags (orange pekoe, or Assam)
-1 stick of cinnamon
-around 8 cloves
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-2 cups water
-about 3/4 cups* honey
-about 3/4 cups* sugar
-1 teaspoon Culinary Lavender
-1 teaspoon ginger(optional)
*total sweetener equals about 1 1/2 cups, more or less to taste.
**Lavender can be finely ground in a spice grinder or in a thoroughly cleaned coffee grinder.
Drop tea bags, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla extract, ginger, and nutmeg into 2cups of boiling water.
Boil until the mixture is a rich reddish brown. Mix in sweeteners; and strain out large ingredients.
Pour Chai concentrate into glass or mug 1/3 full. Fill the remainder of the glass with milk or water… serve hot or cold.
Refrigerate brewed Lavender Chai Tea for later use. Stores up to seven days, serves 3-5
ADAPTED FROM LAVENDERANDMACARONS.COM
PREP TIME:50 mins
COOK TIME:15 mins
TOTAL TIME:1 hour 5 mins
• ⅔ cup canned pumpkin
• 3 eggs
• ¾ cup granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• ¾ cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 cup raw pecans, finely chopped
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¼ cup confectioners' sugar + more for sprinkling
• 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
• 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature + more for greasing the pan
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and finely smear the jellyroll pan with a butter and sprinkle with some flour.
2. In a medium bowl, using a mixer, combine pumpkin, eggs, granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until well combined. Evenly spread the mixture into a jellyroll pan, making sure it is of the same width on all sides.
3. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and bake for about 14 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
4. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
5. Invert the cake onto a large cutting board or wire rack. Take a large kitchen towel or wide piece of bounty paper and sprinkle it with confectioners' sugar. Carefully transfer the pie onto a towel or paper and start rolling the cake up in the towel. Fold the sides of the towel over the cake and place it in a fridge for about 45 min.
6. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, vanilla extract and ¼ cup of confectioners' sugar. Mix well.
7. Carefully unroll the cake and evenly spread the mixture onto it.
8. Very gently, reroll the cake and place it into a fringe until ready to it.
Recipe by: STEVIA In The Raw
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 cup Sugar In The Raw®
• 1/2 cup Stevia In The Raw®
• 10 tablespoons butter, melted
• 4 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon fresh or dried lavender buds, plus more for garnish
• 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
• 1/2 cup Stevia In The Raw®
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Prep: 30m Cook: 20m Ready In: 50 m
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini donut pan. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a second large bowl whisk together Sugar In The Raw(R), Stevia In The Raw(R), butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla until sugar is dissolved. Fold flour into milk mixture until combined.
2. Add two teaspoons of dough to each donut cup. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely in the pan.
3. In a small saucepan bring milk to a simmer, add lavender, cover, remove from the heat, and let sit 15 minutes. Strain milk and discard lavender. In a medium bowl whisk 2 tablespoons lavender milk into powdered sugar and Stevia In The Raw(R), then whisk in lemon juice. If needed, add a little more lavender milk to reach desired consistency.
4. Dip the top of each doughnut in the glaze and place on a rack. While still wet, sprinkle with lavender and let set.
Recipe by Mariposa
1. Grind rosemary and fennel seed in a spice grinder; transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir savory, thyme, basil, marjoram, lavender, parsley, oregano, tarragon, and bay powder with the rosemary and fennel. Store in an air-tight container between uses.
• 2 cups baking soda
• 1 cup borax
• 1 tablespoon lavender flowers, either whole or ground
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• 10 drops lemon essential oil
Add everything to a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine. Transfer to a powdered sugar shaker jar or just use a regular jar and do your best to disperse the powder over the rug by hand. Trust me, it doesn’t have to get into every nook and cranny to be effective. Let sit for an hour before vacuuming up.
Prep:15 m Cook: 30 min Ready In: 45 m