Enjoy these wonderful, creative,
and simple lavender recipes.
and simple lavender recipes.
Recipe by: STEVIA In The Raw
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 cup Sugar In The Raw®
• 1/2 cup Stevia In The Raw®
• 10 tablespoons butter, melted
• 4 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon fresh or dried lavender buds, plus more for garnish
• 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
• 1/2 cup Stevia In The Raw®
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Prep: 30m Cook: 20m Ready In: 50 m
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini donut pan. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a second large bowl whisk together Sugar In The Raw(R), Stevia In The Raw(R), butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla until sugar is dissolved. Fold flour into milk mixture until combined.
2. Add two teaspoons of dough to each donut cup. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely in the pan.
3. In a small saucepan bring milk to a simmer, add lavender, cover, remove from the heat, and let sit 15 minutes. Strain milk and discard lavender. In a medium bowl whisk 2 tablespoons lavender milk into powdered sugar and Stevia In The Raw(R), then whisk in lemon juice. If needed, add a little more lavender milk to reach desired consistency.
4. Dip the top of each doughnut in the glaze and place on a rack. While still wet, sprinkle with lavender and let set.
Recipe by Mariposa
1. Grind rosemary and fennel seed in a spice grinder; transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir savory, thyme, basil, marjoram, lavender, parsley, oregano, tarragon, and bay powder with the rosemary and fennel. Store in an air-tight container between uses.
• 2 cups baking soda
• 1 cup borax
• 1 tablespoon lavender flowers, either whole or ground
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• 10 drops lemon essential oil
Add everything to a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine. Transfer to a powdered sugar shaker jar or just use a regular jar and do your best to disperse the powder over the rug by hand. Trust me, it doesn’t have to get into every nook and cranny to be effective. Let sit for an hour before vacuuming up.
Prep:15 m Cook: 30 min Ready In: 45 m
Recipe and photo from Eat Better, Live Better, Feel Better
lavender almond milk:
• 1 cup raw almonds
• 3 cups filtered water
• 1/4 cup chopped pitted dates or 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia
• 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lavender petals or 3/4 teaspoon dried culinary lavender
• 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
• Pinch of Celtic sea salt
• lavender almond milk (recipe above)
• 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds, to serve
1. To soak the almonds, place the nuts in a glass or ceramic bowl or large glass jar, and cover with filtered water. Add 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt and splash of fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, cover the container with a breathable kitchen towel, and allow to soak at room temperature for 12 hours. (For more information on soaking read here.)
2. Drain, and discard the soaking liquid (do not use this to make the milk). Rinse the almonds several times to remove the anti-nutrients and enzyme inhibitors.
3. To soak the dates, place them in a glass or ceramic bowl, and cover with filtered water for 30 minutes, until softened. Drain, and set aside.
4. Throw the rinsed almonds, filtered water, dates, culinary lavender, vanilla, and salt in your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until the nuts are completely pulverized.
5. To strain, place a nut milk bag or knee-high piece of sheer nylon hosiery over the opening of a glass bowl, jar or jug. Pour the milk into the bag, twisting the bag closed, and gently squeezing it to pass the liquid through. Empty the almond pulp and set aside. You can dehydrate this for use in smoothies or to make crusts. Or make this quick easy body scrub.
6. To make the pudding, pour the milk in a large bowl, and whisk in the chia seeds for about 30 seconds to prevent them from clumping. Whisk again a couple of minutes later after the mixture settles to ensure the chia is evenly dispersed. Transfer the mixture to the fridge, and allow to thicken for 30 minutes.
7. Stir in the almonds, and transfer to four bowls to serve. Top with additional sliced almonds, if desired.
Adapted from www.scratchymommy.com
This scouring powder can be made with a blend of herbs and essential oils for an amazing clean and smell.
Recipe adapted from redshallotkitchen.com
Lavender is the perfect addition to any dessert!
For the choux:
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into smaller pieces
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 4 large eggs
For the Irish cream filling:
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1-2 tablespoons Irish cream liquor
For the white chocolate glaze:
• 4 ounces white chocolate, cut into small pieces
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons whipping cream
• 1 tablespoons dried lavender buds
• To make choux pastry: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring milk, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour and keep stirring until the dough dries up and pulls away from the side of the saucepan. Immediately transfer the dough to the mixing bowl. Mix with the electric mixer, adding one egg at the time, until well incorporated. Pour the dough into the piping bag with half-inch tip and pipe the dough onto the prepared baking sheets (about 1 to 1 1/2-inch in diameter), an inch apart between them. Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove form the baking sheet and cool down completely.
• To make Irish cream filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream, sugar and Irish cream liquor until the cream becomes stiff and hold its form. Transfer cream into a piping bag with 1/4-inch tip (or cut the tip of the bag with scissors). Insert the tip of the piping bag into the side of each choux pastry, squeeze the bag and fill each pastry with the cream filling.
• To make white chocolate ganache: Combine butter, white chocolate and whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, mix, and continue until the mixture is smooth. Dip the top of each pastry puff into the chocolate mixture. Arrange the puff pastry on the baking sheet or a tray. Sprinkle the tops with some dried lavender buds. Store in refrigerator until the chocolate set. Serve.
Makes about 40 cream puffs
ADAPTED FROM DINE-DASH.COM
A rich, soft and cheesy camembert with lavender, honey, and thyme.
• one camembert
• 2 tsp. of runny honey
• 2 tsp. of olive oil
• 2 tsp. of fresh thyme
• 2 tsp. of fresh lavender
• Combine honey with olive oil and herbs.
• Cut rind about 5-10 mm from the edge.
• Pour honey mix on the cheese.
• Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes.
• Serve with fresh baguette.
Adapted from buildingourstory.com
Make your bath smell amazing and leave your skin feeling refreshed and new.
Glass container that seals (any size) I went with a large one for my bathroom
Adapted from aquietlifeblog.blogspot.com
A beautiful soup with an excellent thick filling and delicious soup.
Lemon Lavender Creme Ingredients:
Wash asparagus & remove rough parts. Cut into 2" pieces, reserving the tips. Bring about 2 cups of water to a boil and drop the reserved tips in for about 1 minute to bring out bright green color. Drain, rinse with cold water to stop cooking, pat dry with a towel and set aside.
Heat Olive Oil & Butter in large stockpot. Toss in onions to saute until translucent. Stir in potatoes & rice cook about 5 minutes. Add in 2" asparagus pieces, thyme, lavender and parsley, as well as chicken Broth. Bring to boil & allow to simmer about 10 minutes.
Use handheld mixer, immersion blender or food processor to cream together the hot mixture until relatively smooth and creamy. Stir in wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper & salt. Allow to simmer on low approximately 5 minutes.
To make Lavender Lemon Creme: Mix creme fraiche with lemon zest, lemon juice and dried lavender. Chill until ready to use.
Pour into separate bowls & swirl in or drizzle lavender lemon creme on top of each bowl of soup. Garnish with reserved asparagus tips and enjoy!